Saturday, August 9, 2014

First State Capital Reports Accelerating Depreciation

http://www.firststatecapital.org/
According to First State Capital data, the average price of a used vehicle for model years 2009-2013 continued a pattern of accelerating depreciation, with 1.5 percent overall value change in July compared with June activity of 1 percent. Domestic cars changed 2.5 percent; import cars changed 1.6 percent; domestic trucks changed 1.5 percent; and import trucks changed 1 percent.

Average pre-recession depreciation is historically between -1 percent and -2 percent monthly, and First State Capital expects overall 2014 depreciation of 13.5 percent.

After a strong spring and early summer where cars and trucks showed stable and strengthened retention rates, the recent summertime activity has shown accelerated depreciation patterns led in part by smaller and mid-size cars, as well as luxury cars. 



Each of the 24 vehicle segments showed depreciation in July.

Did you find this post useful? Please post a link on your blog or website and SHARE it on Facebook so others can find it as well.

As always - We want your questions, so please feel free to ask us anything because the team at CARS really cares about your success and we're committed to you by not only getting results, but to make learning fun and exciting. You can email us at repocarsinmichigan@gmail.com

"Make Money & Have Fun" - Jason Pries (follow on Twitter)

Other Information

Monday, June 9, 2014

Auto Credit Reaches Record High

According to the latest Equifax National Consumer Credit Trends Report, the automotive lending sector continues its strong performance in 2014.

Total outstanding balances reached $884 billion in April, a record high and an increase of 10.8 percent from the same time a year ago.

New credit was $69.6 billion year-to-date in February, an eight-year high and an increase of more than 13 percent from the same time a year ago.

Serious delinquencies represent less than 1 percent of total outstanding balances, the lowest level in more than five years.

Did you find this post useful? Please post a link on your blog or website and SHARE it on Facebook so others can find it as well.

As always - We want your questions, so please feel free to ask us anything because the team at CARS really cares about your success and we're committed to you by not only getting results, but to make learning fun and exciting. You can email us at repocarsinmichigan@gmail.com

"Make Money & Have Fun" - Jason Pries (follow on Twitter)

Other Information